Monday 15 October 2012

My Monday: recuperation

As I work Tuesday to Saturday, my weekend is skewed a little. Occasionally I whinge about having to work Saturdays, but really I love having that little slice of the week, a Monday, to potter around getting ready for the week ahead and, often, have the flat to myself. I use Mondays to explore Bristol, read the papers if I've bothered to buy one, drink coffee and Get Things Done (it's the only day I can get to a bank or Post Office, and it's easier for getting bits and pieces from independent shops as it's business as usual for them).

This week has been a little different. I spent much of last week ill and am finally feeling just about well enough to resume real life tomorrow, so today has been spent under my duvet, READING zines (mainly What's the Time, Mrs Woolf? and OFF LIFE comic). Outside that, I'm currently racing towards the end of The Virgin Suicides, which arrived in the post at just the right time to lift me from my bedridden blues, and flicking through Mollie Makes for craft inspiration.

Keeping entertained in my nest: fresh fruit, lots of reading material, my TENS machine for pain relief and my phone to connect me to the outside world (bedrest is lonely business).
I've been LISTENING to the new Tall Ships release, Everything Touching on a continuous loop for days and days and days. I wasn't sure I wanted to ever stop but then a mix CD from Adam landed on my doormat and now I'm feasting my ears on that instead. Tall Ships are currently touring the UK so do go and check them out if they're playing near you! I'm still grappling with my iPod and my grumbling old laptop (they don't like eachother, or, rather, my laptop doesn't like anyone or anything) so while I'm on the move I'll probably be back to blasting ONSIND's Dissatisfactions into my ears; it sounds like home.

This WEEKEND has been a very quiet one, but sometimes that's nice. My best friend Heather arrived on Saturday night from North Wales to cuddle me, make me tea and help me feel more human. She left this morning and her presence has done its trick: I feel like myself again. Yesterday evening we popped down the road to CafĂ© Kino for the Making Things Club hallowe'en special, then watched Heathers (appropriate title) and went to sleep.

I'll be glad to get back to normality, and work, tomorrow. But for the rest of the evening, it's my day, Monday.


3 comments:

  1. Glad that you got better! I do love the moments where you can just CHILL, catching up with reading and chores. Ahh. Chores are sometimes unpleasant haa. Have finished my commission today and plan to go out tomorrow, treating it as my day off- a day where I get the breather before starting on a next commission on Thurday!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling can you have a look at my latest blogpost because I need you to vote something for me? Thank you so much in advance

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty, THANK YOU so much for voting :-) turned out they won with the most votes! Appreciate it so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete