Monday 21 January 2013

My Favourite Places: St Werburghs City Farm

Still somewhat a country girl at heart (after spending my teens desperate to escape the seeming confines of open space), one of my favourite places to go in Bristol is St Werburghs City Farm. The route I take to get there cuts through allotments and brings me out by the pig pen. Sometimes it's easy to feel like fresh air doesn't really exist in a city, even a green, leafy one like this. This walk always reminds me and brings me back down to earth. These photos were all taken in October, on my first visit to the farm.








St Werburghs City Farm cafe - it feels like a hobbit hole!
The house in the middle of the allotments. 
Everyone needs a place to go when they need to feel at home. What's yours?


1 comment:

  1. ah thats nice :-) the sight of farm is a rarity for me but it is always lovely to see it once in the while. This post now has made me thinking of visiting nearest farm I can go and visit! xx

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete