Monday 7 January 2013

My Monday: the first of 2013

This Monday has been a quiet one. I stayed up too late on Saturday night, twirling and laughing and eventually walking home and crawling into bed, and my body is still catching up with the lag from that.

Lazy mornings journalling in bed
I can't quite believe that it has arrived: 2013. It sounds all a wrong in my mouth and it's the first year in thirteen that I haven't begun in the northeast. I began it instead with a handful of friends and a bottle of ginger beer, screaming out my elation in a microplex cinema.

And today, I began with coffee, a crêpe, and a spot of READING (Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan) and bringing my journal up to date before flinging myself out into the sunshine to buy out half of the greengrocer's shop and pick up a spinach tortilla from La Ruca, all while LISTENING to Blondie.

A Spanish tortilla and a blood orange.
This WEEKEND is all but gone, but the week ahead will be a good one: after all, I've got a fridge full of fresh fruit and I'll see my Dad towards the end of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment